POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : animations to video : Re: animations to video Server Time
28 Jul 2024 10:16:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: animations to video
From: Bob H
Date: 12 Feb 2001 18:01:35
Message: <3a886b4f$1@news.povray.org>
Yes, CD-RW disks are the way to go for assured compatibility, although even
then your DVD player still needs to recognize the VCD format first (specs
usually say so).
I can use CD-R without any problem apparently on my Sanyo DM-360 player.  It's
a low cost player and yet seems okay with those.  I haven't even tried CD-RW
for it.
For plenty of info about all this look at www.vcdhelp.com because there's a
player compatibility list (DVD Players link).
I'm new at it too and what I've been using is TMPGEnc
http://www.tmpgenc.com/e_main.html  to convert my CMPEG encoded files to a
proper mpeg (template for it) for use with Nero  http://www.ahead.de/  to burn
to CD-R.
I'm also confused as to why CD-RW is said to be best simply because everything
I knew previously pointed to CD-R as being the only guarantee of it working in
a home, car or portable player after the CD has been "closed" for no further
writing.  As to CD-RW being said to be best for VCD use in DVD players I
haven't a clue why that is just now.  In fact, I've got Memorex CD-R's and
seems people complain about that brand.  Maybe I just haven't done enough to
notice.

Bob H.